Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11 We Remember

On September 11th I was getting ready to go volunteer at the d-mans jr high. I was watching the today show, and they cut in saying a plane has hit the world trade center I couldn't stop watching it was horrible. All I could think about was getting to the school and making sure the d-man and all the kids were alright. I left and when I got there they had not heard anything about it. so we turned on the tv in the library and watched all day, it was the saddest day I can ever remember our school went on total lock down for weeks after this. I will never forget that day I think I cried more that day and days after I finally had to quit watching the tv it was too hard.

The picture at the top of my post is my nieces welcoming home our national guard that was in Iraq for over a year. My husband has a lot of his former football players that have served more than 2 tours over there and some still there. One of them was there 3 days and his convoy run over a road side bomb Brandon was the lucky one he lived everyone else died that day he's home now and attending college and we thank God everyday.

We Remember those who lost their lives on that day in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania they will forever be our Hero's who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Thank You to them and their families.
Thank you to our Soldiers here and abroad you are in my prayers.
May God keep his hand on you while you serve us and keep us safe from harm.
Love Julie

No comments: